What personal information do we collect from the people who visit our website?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing/shipping address, credit card, or other relevant information so that we can provide our services to you.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you request access to restricted material, register on our site, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, register for a workshop, fill out a form or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use such information in the following ways:
- To process your transactions and provide access to our designs or products.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To personalize your experience on our site.
- To administer special promotions or other site features.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
- To maintain information about an sales transactions for record-keeping and analysis purposes. Past information may be retained even if you choose to close your account.
How do we protect the information we receive?
All sensitive information you supply is passed through encrypted Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We do not store credit/debit card information on our systems. All transactions are processed through gateway providers including PayPal.
Your personal information is only accessible to a limited number of persons who are required to keep the information confidential.
Do we use “cookies”?
- Identify and process the items in a shopping cart.
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Compile aggregate data to offer better site experiences and tools in the future.
We may also use reputable third party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (e.g. Internet Exporer, Google Chrome, Safari, etc.) settings. Your browser’s Help menu can help you learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you choose to disable cookies, some features of our site may be disabled and some of our services may not function properly.
How can you opt-out, modify or remove personal information you have provided to us?
You can request to have your information removed by using the CONTACT US form, also available from the top and footer navigation sections across our website.
Third Party Disclosures and Transfers
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice or to protect our or others’ rights, property, or safety.
This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
Your personal information may be transferred to, and/or maintained on, servers and computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Retention of Your Personal Information
Information Regarding Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation(GDPR)
- You have given us permission to do so.
- We need to perform a contract with you.
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights.
- For payment processing purposes.
- To comply with the law.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or delete the personal information we have on you.
- The right of rectification
- The right to object
- The right of restriction
- The right to data portability
- The right to withdraw consent
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
“Do Not Sell My Personal Information” Notice for California consumers under California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
Under the CCPA, California consumers have the right to:
- Request that a business that collects a consumer’s personal data disclose the categories and specific pieces of personal data that a business has collected about consumers.
- Request that a business delete any personal data about the consumer that a business has collected.
- Request that a business that sells* a consumer’s personal data, not sell the consumer’s personal data.
*As stated above, we do not sell your personal data.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please CONTACT US.
We employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our website (“Service Providers”), to provide functions of our website on our behalf, to perform website-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our website is used. These third-parties have access to your personal information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
We provide paid products and/or services on our Website. In that case, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).